Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Non-Western Art

is really fascinating. I'm so happy to learn about other cultures and religions and the traditions that go with them. I feel educated with all the fear of Islam our country has right now and very against it because I know so much. I've so glad the Qur'an was not burned, I think that was such a stupid idea, there are millions of innocent Muslims that are very nice people, why offend them? And who ever won anyone over by burning their beliefs? I got so upset when I heard about the whole thing. Anyway. We are talking about Africa now and I just love the African artwork. The huge masquerades they have are so amazing. I got to see a real African mask dancer yesterday and he was so good, and so funny, not knowing American customs all that well. Look how big and impressive the masks they wear are:

2 comments:

  1. I've learned so much terminology, I was actually really intimated entering the class. I had not idea what all the words in other languages meant. I feel so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about the whole Quran madness. I really missed the point of all that.

    And I'm glad you're enjoying this class and are learning so much awesome stuff! It looks like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete