Sunday, September 12, 2010

2 months down the road

It's been two months since my mom moved out. That's a lot of time for thinking. I believe that my mom didn't have a sexual affair, but I do think she had an affair. I don't think she would lie to me about that, and I know that she is a good person. She filled out an application for an apartment in Brighton. It's really close to where Ben lives. She will know if she got it tomorrow. It's a nice apartment, but it only has 2 bedrooms, but we are going to borrow a futon from Mel if she gets it so that she, Jen, and I will all have a place to sleep. Money will be tight for awhile since we have to pay the down payment and the first months payment, and for things to put in the apartment. I think it will be a blessing if we get it though.

That brings me to where I am right now:
Every weekend I go to my grandma's house and take my sister to go see our mom, so that makes it harder to make plans for weekends with friends sometimes. I spend the night there even though we are one bed short and I have to sleep on the couch. Through the week though, I go to school (which has been going well) and I live with dad. Living with my dad is difficult. He doesn't realize how selfish and demanding he can be. I honestly feel like a slave sometimes. I've been doing a lot more with my sister lately. This week we have been working on decorating her locker since she just got one and started middle school. We made a pencil holder and bought wrapping paper to use as wall paper. We got some for her friend Taylor too and made her a pencil holder as well and we are going to go fix the lockers up tomorrow. Going back to Southwestern with Jenna is a strange feeling. I miss it almost but something inside me tells me I don't belong there anymore. Lewis and Clark really is a good school. I know a lot of people think negatively of it, but I love it. It feels almost like high school I feel like my classes are like family. I've begun to open up to some of my classmates. Most of them are very nice people. The other day in basic design everyone at my table was talking about my design and saying what they liked about it and just making funny comments. We compared it to things it made us think of and then we talked about the balance and I remember feeling like we were all there for one another to help. I thought that my art spoke louder than I did, because I'm one of the more shy people at my table but after we talked about my design everyone started including me in their conversations. Ben and I are still doing very well. With him working and me going to school we've been seeing a little less of each other, but we still have fun together. He is so sweet and nice to me. We have been dating for almost a year now. :) We keep talking about the future lately, and about living together. We aren't going to for a long time nor will we be able but it's fun to talk about, we are so much alike an we talk about all the things we would want in our house, to name a few: every type of tea imaginable, green olives, artichoke hearts, more vegetables than meat, candles, and pictures that we've taken. I want to decorate where ever I live only with art made by local artist, because I believe strongly in supporting local talent over recognized talent. I went to the Grafton Art Fair yesterday and it was a lot of fun, and there were so many neat things. I even saw Darlene Harris, she was in my drawing class over the summer and she had some of her drawings there. Now I'm just going to ramble... Jen and I just got done decorating the house for fall/halloween! It's very cute with pumpkins and colors like red and orange and brown all over. I keep burning a spiced pear candle that smells terrific too! We've been making a lot of sweet treats as well like chocolate turtles and I just made chocolate peanut butter cup cookies! Yum! I love fall - even though we aren't there yet the weather is starting to fell wonderful. Ben is going to take wedding photos for a wedding next month! I'm so excited for him. I hope to get him business cards made as soon as I can. Also, he might be taking senior pictures for someone my mom works with whose son is a senior this year. Mom brought the pictures Ben took to work to show them off and I guess she did a good job because the lady is interested now. I'm going to make a price sheet for Ben too. =] I know how much he wants to be a photographer and how good he is at it so I am volunteering to be the kick in the butt that he needs.

Okay, I think that's enough. If you survived all that ramble congratulations. Hope to write again soon!

Oh yeah and I have a newspaper meeting on Monday and my first article will be out soon!

2 comments:

  1. Aww. I love you, Josie. You rock.
    I'm happy things are going well because I certainly worry about you.
    I'm glad you and Ben are going good. I like seeing relationships go well. :P

    I'll pray your momma gets the apartment. <3

    ReplyDelete