Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Missing

I wrote this about Heath. Eh, looking back I feel like I am weird. Not many people write about their cats - even if they are missing. It got more broad as I went on writing it's basically about missing anyone. I seriously had it repeating in my head for about 2 weeks and I kept writing and adding lines the entire time. Can anyone else do that?

I cried tears of salt for you
tears full of salt for you
they burned my eyes
I fell asleep on the false hope that you'd be there when I awoke
It caressed me and told me everything was alright
I oped my eyes wide in the morning
they looked around - in every direction
they searched under tables and behind curtians
but you were nowhere to be found
My heart beats a little faster now

Sometimes I lose my thoughts. They find you and we dance.

2 comments:

  1. OH. this is really good. I like it a lot.
    :/ I'm sorry Heath had still not shown up.

    And it's totally normal for him to be an inspiration for poetry. Cats are very much like humans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, :( bleh I got really upset I didnt' even feel like myself for a week.

    I miss him.

    ReplyDelete